Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Amateur Topics of Interest.

FOOD. animals. Books, television, and film. Education. Photography. Running. Fashion. Music. Travel. Home Design and Decor. Religion. Finance.

Build a Bridge.

>> Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Well folks, you're in for a treat. I've got another rant coming for you! Sorry in advance if I offend anyone but wow, I need to get a load of my chest.


Now before I begin on this particular rant, don't misunderstand me. EVERYONE has bad days, bad weeks, bad months...hell, I'll even go as far as to say bad years. I get it. I've had them, we've all had them. It's just part of life. What I can't stand are those people who won't accept support, encouragement, or advice when they're feeling down. Those people who just seem to downright refuse to be happy. Those that mope around all day, or spout complaints to anyone who will listen, and then when someone asks how they are (which is what they're wanting in the first place) they either say "oh nothing" or they go on and on about how much they're life sucks, when in reality, they're 72% of the time, the root of the problem. And when you try and cheer them up, nothing, NOT ONE THING, can make them see the proverbial silver lining.

Honestly, life is not that bad. And if you need a reminder of that, turn on the news for just 10 minutes out of the day and you can be hit in the face with that fact. Abductions. Senseless killings. Unemployment. Homelessness. Gigantic natural disasters that destroy entire countries.

NOW THOSE ARE REAL PROBLEMS. And it's truly all a matter of perspective.

Like I said, don't get me wrong, I have my momentary pity parties, where I seek advice and counsel from my close friends. I shed some tears even every now and then. But I eventually build a bridge and get the hell over it pretty dang fast. You can either waste your time being unhappy and in the process bringing everyone else down along with you OR you can re-evaluate the importance of the situation at hand, and figure out if in the scheme of things..OF ALL THINGS...if its really that important. Chances are, if you've still got a roof over your head, food to eat, and someone who cares about you, then it's just not that bad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP