Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Amateur Topics of Interest.

FOOD. animals. Books, television, and film. Education. Photography. Running. Fashion. Music. Travel. Home Design and Decor. Religion. Finance.

Amber is the color of your energy...whooaaa

>> Thursday, March 10, 2011

So I'll start off by saying I have no idea as to why I chose this title for my random blurb, all I can say is this song is in my head, its my vibe for the day. :-) Does that ever happen to anyone? You hear a song on the radio or wake up singing a particular line and that song just kind of guides your mojo for the rest of the day?

Well it dang sure happens to me on a regular basis. But anywho, I digress. I've been trapped inside my little cubicle of studying and anti-fun for the last week and a half and now that I've finished all my tests and labs (with all A's I might add) I'm free!!! FREE AT LAST!! And just dying to be creative and positive and fun and all amber colored energy and whatnot haha.

I must confess that while I was "supposed to be studying" all day every day this week, I did in fact have time to sneak a few peeks at my favorite design websites, and catch up on my must-read DIY blog designistas...I mean all work and NO PLAY makes Jess a dull girl! And I am now officially totally obsessed with becoming a DIYer (or do it yourselfer for you non-acronymical followers out there). Last week I spent literal hours scouring thrift, craft, and discount stores for pieces and ideas for my own little projects a-brewin'.

The biggest project and undertaking that I want to do is to design and make a tufted headboard for my queen sized bed. I've researched a TON of how to videos and sites, and apparently, what would seem to be a big task, is actually relatively "easy". Maybe for normal people, with tools, and handiness, but for me...it'll probably be mechanically impossible, but I'm not discouraged yet! (isn't it easy to be optimistic, sitting at home...on the couch..thinking about how wonderful your new handmade goodies are gonna look? Then you get out and start making them...wamp wamp wamp...) Anywho, I found a look that I wanna go for, and possibly a few fabrics to consider for my new headboard...take a look!

A nice textured fabric, this one has a hint of blue in it (Sale, Joann's Fabrics)

Another textured fabric, this one is a more neutral oatmeal hue (Sale, Joann's Fabrics)

And if I could just have everything in this bedroom
INCLUDING the upholstered headboard, that would be great, thanks.

Ok, so I also have this incurable need to create a space in my bedroom that I have deigned, THE READING NOOK. Basically, what I envision is a cozy, plush, warm space just for me. To read, to blog, to nap, to daydream about my future endeavors...you get the picture. So the pivotal piece for the start of this space is the chair. Which I've got. FOR FREE!!! Some great friends of mine, were trying to get rid of some items after making a big move, and lucky little ol' me got this sweet chair from IKEA complete with white slipcover! Now, I've been trying to get this chair in my hot little hands for over a year, and I just so happened to be in Austin for my race last month, and finally got her and brought her home where she belongs. :-) So right now, this is what I'm working with:
All Chair. No Nook. No Jess-ness.

So this weekend I scoured the stores, and found a great little storage ottoman, with a decent print on it for $20 at Ross that I just have to have!

To add dimension and layers of plushness, I found a soft chocolate brown throw for $7 (also at Ross) A geometrical patterned pillow ($6 at Ross), and a silky ivory and ice blue seat cushion for a chair ($5 at Ross) that I will be using as an added cushion on top of the ottoman.


Throw in this sassy little zebra print lampshade ($10 at World Market) on a table-floor lamp combo that I'm still searching for...and can we say Nook??

What do you guys think??

1 comments:

Anonymous,  March 10, 2011 at 8:31 PM  

Very cute and cozy!! I see many great afternoons blogging, reading and daydreaming for you in that nook of yours!!!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP