Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Amateur Topics of Interest.

FOOD. animals. Books, television, and film. Education. Photography. Running. Fashion. Music. Travel. Home Design and Decor. Religion. Finance.

"If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything..."

>> Saturday, January 29, 2011

















This one's for the girllllssss! (sung in a high pitched falsetto of course) Really, it is...sorry in advance all you guy followers out there, but **SPOILER ALERT** this blog is going to be completely and totally about the tawdry ogling of men. Now I certainly don't condone the objectification of men and women, but I stole this quote from one of my favorite movies, and gosh darnit guys...I'm pulling this card today.

"And let me be clear. After CENTURIES of men looking at my tits instead of my eyes and pinching my ass instead of shaking my hand, I now have the DIVINE right to stare at a man's BACKSIDE with vulgar, cheap appreciation...if I want to!"

So with that said, there will be a certain amount of "cheap appreciation" in today's blog, but I think you'll find that in addition to the obscene manhandling of the male body, I'm also a ginormous supporter of going deeper, and how a man can be attractive in so many...not so mainstream ways. You'll see.

I've on numerous occasions discussed the attractiveness or unattractiveness of certain celebrities with my sister...for lets say...hours. (ok ok, we really have a lot of time on our hands) Now don't get me wrong, its indisputable that Ryan Reynolds is the sexiest man alive. My sister would love to have, as she so eloquently puts it "consensual sexual relations" with Taylor Lautner. But c'mon, these guys are a given. On the outside, they're "really really ridiculously good looking" (cue Zoolander accent) but what else have they got to offer? Here is where I make my point. I think...I'm fairly 94.6% sure... that if given the choice between an amazingly good looking guy or a funny/smart/intelligent one...the funny one would win every time.

Hi, my name is Jessica and I like funny guys. I should be attending Funny Guy Oglers Anonymous, its ridiculous. I have a huge and unhealthy crush on Adam Sandler. Seth Rogen's laugh combined with his delicious "jew-fro" (no offense) makes me wanna hug and squeeze him in a slightly obsessed-Glen Close-Fatal Attraction kinda way. Does that make me weird? Apparently, if CNN knows what they're talking about, I'm not the only one...thank God! A recent article on their website titled "Why Funny Guys Get the Babes" cites a study that indicates that women view humor as a sign of intelligence. And if you believe that we've evolved from cavemen, then an intelligent mate meant that us womenfolk wouldn't get eaten by a giant velociraptor or drug off into a cave by a hungry wooly mammoth.

So it all makes sense now...funny=intelligent=good provider...in a very roundabout way. The good part is we really don't have to understand the deep scientific neurological mumbo jumbo that makes us feel this way. We can now rest easy knowing that its ok to be strangely attracted to Steve Carrell if you want to, and that you can always blame your ancient ancestors if your "I heart Michael Scott" t-shirt gets weird sidelong glances.

So what does this mean for guys? It means BY ALL MEANS, don't stop doing some light manscaping if need be. Don't stop showering or brushing your teeth. It means do NOT wear the same shirt you already spilled spaghetti on for two days in a row. And certainly do not stop keeping your junk tight. But, if all else fails, and you weren't blessed with the rugged good looks of a movie star remember the immortal words of Marilyn Monroe "if you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything.."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP