Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Amateur Topics of Interest.

FOOD. animals. Books, television, and film. Education. Photography. Running. Fashion. Music. Travel. Home Design and Decor. Religion. Finance.

Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride.

>> Monday, April 11, 2011


So today's blog topic is hard for me because technically I'm supposed to write about "6 things I wish I'd never done or could change". The reason why this is difficult for me is because I strongly believe in the whole adage that everything happens for a reason...even more so in the idea that our path is steered by something greater than ourselves, and we are brought to the joys in our lives for the same reasons that we are brought to our sadness.It's all part of the plan. You have to experience the bitter so the you can relish the sweet.

With that said, I honestly can't pinpoint anything in my life that I'd change or regret doing. The people I've loved cross my mind, the career paths I've chosen and how I'm changing direction crosses my mind as well, the things I've said or didn't say when I should have...yes, things may have been easier had I known better, and hindsight is always a perfect 20/20, but how would I know what I truly want and need had I not experienced what I now know to be what I DON'T want? Does that make sense?

So, I'm boycotting this blog topic. I could be wrong, and many of you out there may have things in your life you wish you could change...do you? If you were given the chance would you go back and make a different decision? I'd like to know what the consensus is on this subject matter...

For many people, the need to be perfect or live that dream life is an overwhelming feeling, but just keep remembering that "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride."

2 comments:

Unknown April 12, 2011 at 11:01 AM  

Jess, I am right there with you. I may not always love the situations that have happened in my life, but I am a better person for each and every one of them. My mom has always told me when things are hard, that no one can get through life for free. There are going to be hard times, but there are also going to be beautiful times that make life worth it. I don't have anything that I would change in my life, because then I wouldn't be who I am today.

jessjohnson4 April 12, 2011 at 8:21 PM  

You're mom is a smart lady!! And she sure did raise a pretty awesome daughter! I miss you girl! I need you to fill me in on what's going on in your life!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP