Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Amateur Topics of Interest.

FOOD. animals. Books, television, and film. Education. Photography. Running. Fashion. Music. Travel. Home Design and Decor. Religion. Finance.

You're turning me off!

>> Sunday, May 1, 2011

Ok people, I'm back on the set of Ten Days of Blogging, and today's special guest is "Four Turn Offs." Not too sure where I'm exactly supposed to go with this theme, but I'm gonna just keep it to people in general, and not four things I find repulsive in a partner...tmi if you ask me.


So let's see, four things that turn me off to a person..

1) Mean people suck. Really they do. The worst thing you can do in my book is be an unnecessarily cruel or unkind person to someone or something that doesn't deserve it. It's one thing if you step up your verbal game to put a pompous you know what in their place, or defend someone else who is being abused or mistreated and aren't all sugar and sweetness about it. It's a completely different story though when you're mean to an innocent person just to make yourself feel better, or you're just a bitter old hag. In that case, I'll go out of my place to either A)avoid you and your negativity at all costs or B)look for the perfect chance to give you a dose of your own bitter and revolting medicine.

2) Debbie Downers. I know you've all seen my previous rant on this subject, so I won't go too in-depth on all the intricacies of what makes me loathe Debbie Downers so much, but it has a lot to do with the fact that these types of people don't appreciate what they have, when in reality it could be a helluva lot worse for them. It's like those people who complain about going in the ocean because they "get wet" or take a beautiful sunny day and make it less so by wishing it were raining. No matter what they have, they always want something else, and it will never be good enough. So my response is to not let those people in my inner circle, my nest of trust if you will. If this life isn't good enough for you, then I just don't know what to say, because you only get one, and there aren't second chances.

3) Ignorance. But not just ignorance in and of itself, because let's be honest, I don't know a lot of things about a LOT of things, but when I don't know something, at least I'm honest about it. I can't STAND people who spout off uninformed opinions, whether it be about politics, religion, relationships, current events, or popular culture. It's those types of people that perpetuate idiocy and incorrect information, they start a chain reaction...forcing their opinion on others, who then turn around and tell someone else, all the way creating an even larger and evolving collection of false information. And the worst thing is, you can't tell these people they're wrong, because in their eyes, they're NEVER wrong. It's a vicious cycle.

4) And last but not least, I'm incredibly turned off by those who take their lives for granted. Whether it be by neglecting their physical health, mental health, or just failing to take advantage of the opportunities thrown their way...I can't stand it. It's kind of a cliche, but its that whole "there are starving kids in Africa" thing that your parents use to use on you when you wouldn't finish your plate. Oh, what's that you say? You're mad because your pizza was delivered 5 minutes late? Oh you can't get off the couch today and get some exercise because you're too tired? You don't want to play with your kids because you're too busy? News Flash: At least we live in a country where hot food can be in your hand within minutes without you ever lifting a finger. At least you have legs that work, do you know how many kids with Cerebal Palsy would give anything to walk one step?? How many amputees, would trade anything to have your two working legs, and you can't bother yourself to even get up off the couch to change the channel. How many childless couples wish and hope and pray every day to have the chance to be a loving parent, and you can't trouble yourself to be a part of your own children's lives. It's just terrible, and it is really upsetting. Life's a garden, dig it. When it hands you lemons, make lemonade. And all those other cliches in life, that are actually quite true when you think about them.

So those are my four turn offs. After reading this entry, if you think to yourself, man, I'm definitely one of those things, then don't bother reading on, kindly show yourself the door because I just don't have time for you in this wonderful life of mine. :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP